The Prevention Needs Assessment (PNA) is a survey of Wyoming middle and
high school students about drugs and alcohol. The purpose of this website
is to provide the results from the Wyoming Prevention Needs Assessment (PNA)
in a depth and scope that was not previous available by any other means.
This website provides:
- Results for all available survey years (2001, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014)
- Frequencies for all the questions on the PNA
- Results can be browsed by topic or searched by question
- County level outcomes are available
- Results can be broken down by gender, grade level, and/or race
To browse by topic
- Click on the tab titled Explore PNA by Topic. You will be taken to a page that organizes the PNA questions by topic.
- Click on next to each topic for a description.
- Click on a topic and a list of survey items or subtopics will open.
- If a list of subtopic opens, click the subtopic title and a list of survey items will open.
- Clicking on the survey item title will take you to the Graphing Page.
To find a specific survey item, or a survey item with specific words
- Click on the tab titled Search PNA Survey Items.
- You will be taken to a page where you can have the website look through all the survey questions for your search term. Survey questions that contain your search term will be displayed after you click the Search button.
- Clicking on the survey question will take you to the Graphing Page.
The graphing page allows you to select how you would like to view the results
- By default, the current statewide results are presented with all groups combined.
- Add results to the graph by clicking on survey year, select how you would like to view the data, then clicking the button titled Add to Chart
- Gender-you may select to view the results for males, females or genders combined
- Grade-you may select to view the results for 6th, 8th, 10th or 12th grade students, or all the grade levels combined
- Races/Ethnicities-you may view the results for various race and ethnicity groups that are measured on the PNA or you may view the results across all race and ethnicity groups combined.
- Statewide or county level results-you may choose to view the results for a county or the state as a whole
- If there are additional results that you would like to see, you may change the survey year or other criteria and then click Add to Chart. The additional results for those criteria will then be included in the chart
- After making one or more chart selections, the website generates a table presenting the data series listed on the chart. The website presents the table between the selection criteria dialog and the graph. This table allows you to remove data series from the chart if you do not want them there. To remove a data series from the graph, click the Remove button next to the series you want to eliminate. To clear the graph entirely, click the Remove All button.